• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Omega 3 appearence in more food items

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Omega 3 is going to be in more products than ever before according to this news article. This is something I would recommend everyone be on the look out for. If you do not take an omega-3 supplement, then you should attempt to eat items that are high in it, especially those items that have a greater amount of Omega-3 fats compared with omega-6 fats. Omega-3 fats are anti-inflammatory (compared to pro-inflammatory Omega-6) which is something that everyone with Inflammatory Bowel Disease could benefit from having!

I suggest you try using the more natural Omega 3 sources not the processed ones. Some suggestions are:

- Oily fish (Salmon, Sardines, Mackarel etc....)
- Flax seed Oil
- Omega 3 Eggs

F

fgillette1986

I was reading this article online and it seems that people with Crohns would probably benefit a lot more from eating the fish and fish oils instead of the walnuts, rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil .

http://www.omega-3.se/en/fishoil.html

I'm looking online... but having trouble. Where do I find these Omega 3 Eggs?

I think for optimal results you should use both types of Omega 3: Fish oil and plant derived Omega 3. But if you only use one, then fish oil is the way to go

I live in Lebanon and we have only 1 brand of Omega 3 eggs called Colombus eggs. they claim that their eggs have a balance of 1:1 Omega 3 to Omega 6, while normal eggs have a ratio of 1:16!!!!!! I don't know where you can find them in other countries, but maybe you can ask your supermarket or local health food store....

Before, everytime I ate normal eggs I didn't feel well, so I stopped eating eggs for more than 3 years. Now, after I discovered the Omega 3 ones, I can eat one everyday and feel great. That's good, because I have found something new to add to my somewhat restricted choice of foods :)

F

fgillette1986

It is very interesting.

I read somewhere that in North America, the Omega 6 : Omega 3 ratio is 19.5:1

Yikes!!!

But, from some of the US companies I have been researching, the Omega 3 eggs have 4x more Omega 3 than Omega 6.

I know just the store to check.