• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Omg guys they sending my humira woooot

omg guys they sending my humira woooot

woot after 3 weeks the doctor called and said they have approved everything and the pharmacy is sending my medication in the mail wooooot im crying right now like a big baby, down to the nurses in my doctors offices were screaming and saying yayy.. im so happy right now.. woot my insaurance company didnt let me down and all the prayers and god didnt let me down..

ofcourse im scared of humira it self but you know what same faith i had going through this is the same faith i will have that nothing bad will happen to me while on this drugs wooot guys i am so excited right now.. im sitting here and my husband is screaming like hes crazy in the back ground lol

hi everyone thanks sooo much for listening to my venting over the past few weeks hehe

@ chris- hahah the insaurance of course haha, they are still gonna go with the pharmacy that they use.. hoping to god my stuff comes and i dont end up like some people not recieving the meds.. until we pcs < move to another base> next year ill let them send it to my doctor office until i move

i know theres a co payment but ill pay the 9 dollars, its better than paying all the actual money for each shot ouch

i hope it goes good for you and no pain, i have an idea what to carry with me , a pack of ice to put on my legs and my tummy to numb the area.. tell me how it goes for you, and i cant tell you not to be scared because i am to but you are in my thoughts

Yay that's great! I know how it is to fight with those bastards. Really annoying, and the whole thing is over the phone and you never talk to the same person twice...they've made me cry many a time. at least it's all sorted out now. Good luck on Humira! It's awesome, in my opinion, those painstaking months fighting with them were with it. Remission is always worth it!

well today is a busy day just got 5 calls from doctor and pharmacy and nurses lol yayy i feel important.. well the pharmacy said they will have the humira by tuesday but wensday - friday husband cant take me in since hes going to the field so he isnt able to take me to doctor appointment for my first round of shots..

so i wont be starting next week as i thought i would but i dont mind waiting hehe

@ erm yeah im so happy this is finally over and i can start feeling healthy again.. i never have D but lately i have it since this flare the past 2 weeks so i know im not doing well.. so im hoping to really get started on the shots.

Hopefully it will work for you the way it has for me. Be a little patient as it may take a short while to fully kick in.

Good Luck!

Ok so I survived my loading doses...well three out of four of them. I stupidly forgot to take the cap off one of them and wasted it. Dumb move, I know. I was out of town too so I couldn't just use one of my other pens. I'm trying to figure out what my doc thinks I should do about that today. But anyway...it hurts a bit but not too terribly bad and only little bruised. I haven't yet had any side effects. You can do it! I'm feeling alot less anxious about the next doses now.

The injection with the pens is soooooooo much better than the needle, IMO. It's mainly the after sting I find a bit annoying but that's all.

Good luck to you lilbit and spcwife23.

=D

hey everyone, sorry i havent been writting been trying to relax till i get these shots.. well tommorrow is the day it suppose to show up at the doctor office so im praying that they will contact me and say i can start this week maybe wensday that would be really cool..

lilbit- im so glad you finally got yours, i hope it works right away for you so you can feel better and get your life back.

mike- im hoping that it will kick in like the lucky ones that first set of shots hahaha, that way i can be one of the lucky ones.

i am- the pharmacy the insaurance went through told me im getting the pen one so thats good because i dont think i can sit there and give myself a needle. i am one of those that freak out badly with needles.

i freak out badly with needles too - i always say, it is a cruel joke to end up with crohn's due to the amount of poking i have had to endure!

when my doctor started me on Humira he also started me on Methotrexate. I had to completely overcome my needle phobia in order to do that. I managed, we always do somehow, right!?!, but ended up reacting to the drug. I take it orally now.

Humira in a pen is just like an epi pen - easy peasy. the pen POPS when you release it - don't let that scare you and pull away. that was the thing i was most worried about, screwing up and wasting the meds...we need that inside, fighting the good fight!
your first dosing sucks because you have to take 4, but in hindsight, it was good, because it really lets you know right away what area is going to tolerate the injection best (belly or thigh - this girls thighs DID NOT like it, but the belly has managed!).
sometimes i bruise myself, most often i don't...

i am really excited for you...i really, really hope it is "the wonder drug" for you!

vendure- hi im excited about starting to feel better so thats all thats on my mind, i think once the pain hit again i wouldnt care which needle i get to be honest lol..

welll guess what no call yesterday about medication so hoping today or some time this week they get the medication.. i hope:(

hey guys, well got the shots today, it burned like a b*t*h.. the nurse did it first and it didnt hurt that bad, but when my husband decided he wanted a try at it i wanted to seriously punch him in the face.. i feel a little shakey but nothing to serious yet.. what side effects should i be looking out for right now. i keep looking on my tummy to see if i see any bumps or rash or anything but i think it might be to early to tell still..

doctor say im off prednisone at the ending of this month, then hes taking me off 6mp and then pentasa, but i might ask him to stay on pentasa and take that with the humira.. anyways my body feels like i feel down the stairs and sore, so gonna go lay down.. thanks for the advice

Did you leave the pens out of the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes before injecting? Another thing is the injection sites will differ how painful it is. So try thigh, belly above and below navel to see which hurts less. Also let the alcohol from the wipe dry completely before injecting.
Good luck.