• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Omg yayyyyy im finally off prednisone didnt think humira could do it

omg yayyyyy im finally off prednisone didnt think humira could do it

thank god im finally off prednisone, its been 4 days now and no pain nothing..usually by the second day i am in pain but nothing yayyyyyy.. and guess what everyone, my number 2 are normal, no constipation nothing im so happy.. who ever made humira thank god for them.

Angrybird

Wahoo! I hope you continue to feel well. Normal no 2......the few times I have had that I have caught myself thinking 'this can't be right, what's changed?' It's strange and wonderful all at the same time. I may have to go on Humira myself so would like to know about your experience with it.

hi guys thanks for the congradz, it feels sooo wonderful to not have constipation every week and a half and have to take something to make you go, or head to the hospital because its really bad..

@ chris-- oh it was sooo worth the wait, so worth it hehe i feel like im in heaven right now. and people will think im over dramatic but if you ever been in the hospital every 2 weeks and in pain then you know what this feels like.

@beth- i had no faith to be honest, all i kept thinking was the meds will take forever to work for me and ill be in pain and stuck on prednisone the rest of my life, i kept getting depress but the past week im happy really really happy

@ angrybird- like you keep reading everyone is different, i thought i would of end up the unlucky one that humira wouldnt of worked, but gods grace it worked.. ok the first 2 days i was tired so i slept through those days, the next day i notice i had no pain it all went away, then someone on thanksgiving day decided to put milk in my food so i had a flare from that, i took oxicodin and my flare went away 2 days later.. without taking any prednisone for it, it went away, thats where i figured humira started working.. i have alot of energy, today i got my butt up 6 am and started cleaning the house , i mean serious cleaning even shampooing the carpet.. when you hear people say humira is a wonderful drug they are not lieing at all..

@ xjilli- thank you so much i just have to stay away from milk and im ok

thank you sooo much everyone for the gradz, went to the doctor today and now not only im off prednisone im off pentasa, and december 28 ill be off 6mp.. today i had gotten the shot i forgot how much that sucker burns but it is soooo worth the burn that one day..
tummy hurting right now and ill probably sleep 2 days straight but ill be in heaven after so ill dream of remission hehe