• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

On Cipro and Flagyl. Experiencing Smelly Dark Stools

I been on cipro and flagyl for 1 week now and I feel like crap. Im very tired and my poo is dark and it stinks.

Im assuming its a bad side effect. I been trying to get in hold of my GI for 3 days now to no avail. I even scheduled an appointment to see him today and his secretary cancelled.

Same thing happened to me with cipro and flagyl. :( If too dark and looks like coffee grounds, let your doctor know, can be a bleed in your tummy.

I would have to have the bathroom fan on and use a ton of air freshner when I was on the cipro/flagyl.

This can be a side effect. However, antibiotics can cause C Diff, which has similar symptoms. It might be a good idea to get checked for that soon. It's just a simple stool test, and your GI can order it. Good luck.