• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

On the Crohn's train and I want off!!

Here is my story......I had my son July 2014. In September I started having diarrhea several times a day. End of October I had a colposcopy and learned I had H. pylori. Took the medicine and got better. Around June of this year I started getting these weird symptoms. I chalked it off to being my anxiety. It seems as my head was in this constant fog and I could not think straight. I was even getting lightheaded. The worse would come usually at night about 30 minutes after eating. I would get these cold chills and shakes. All I wanted to do is get as low to the ground as I could. It was not until one day that I had a bowl movement and felt instant relief that I realized that it was not my anxiety. I immediately made an appointment with my GI. After having numerous test done I was diagnosed with Crohns. I hate the fact that I have this disease but it feels good to have an answer. I am currently taking 2 500mg of Pentsas twice a day. It has improved my symptoms a little. The one thing I am having trouble handling is the lightheadedness. My doctor wants to do a genetic test to see how aggressive he needs to be treating the Crohns. Has anyone else had this done? I'm so glad I found this forum because I have so many questions and don't know where to start.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis--though I understand how having a diagnosis can be a relief. When I was first diagnosed I took Pentasa and it worked well for me. I had to take it 4 times a day though. Hope you find all the answers you are looking for. Welcome!

Hi and welcome!

sorry to hear about your diagnosis. At least you wi have some support through the forum and meds. I took pentasa 4 times daily from 2010-2012 but unfortunately became ineffective. Switched to Imuran and it worked till recently. Now I just started remicade in conjunction with Imuran and thinking this will work for a while. I know for me anxiety is a big trigger. For me, controlling my anxiety is just as important as going to my remicade infusions. Please feel free to message me with any questions. Iv had crohns 6 years now or at least diagnosed and gone through a fair amount of meds. Best of luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Ds is getting genetic testing since he was dx at such a young age(7)
He did start with pentasa as well.
It did nothing for him so he moved on to 6-mp

If you just had a baby last year
Make sure they check your thyroid as well
That can cause head fog and tends to happen about a year out from giving birth
Good luck