• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Once a week dosing of Humira

My GI is wanting me to start weekly injections as my last CT enterography showd some improvement, but still active crohn's in th IC. it has definetly helped me but I dread the weekly stings. Any thoughts? Anybody else on weekly?:ghug:

Sasha, I hate the sting and will never get used to it but the promise of progress with this shi**y disease keeps me taking it! Keep your chin up and best of luck to you.

I went onto weekly injections after being on Humira for a year too. It was effective but I could feel it losing its effect after 10 days so my consultant increased me to weekly.

It does increase the amount of times you have to stab yourself with that needle, but its worth it if it makes you better! Hope it works for you!

I had my frequency changed to weekly after being on humira for about a month. I will say that I do dread every Friday when I have to take a shot. But, I just remember that it's for the best. Either 10 seconds of pain in your leg or stomach (wherever you take it) or constant pain and other symptoms. I wish you the best of luck!

I had my frequency changed to weekly after being on humira for about a month. I will say that I do dread every Friday when I have to take a shot. But, I just remember that it's for the best. Either 10 seconds of pain in your leg or stomach (wherever you take it) or constant pain and other symptoms. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! I know that it is for the best, but I wonder why after a year, I sill have inflammation. I guess it could've been worse right? Thanks for the support!!!:lol2:

Sasha, I'm curious what else are you taking with Humira? Please tell me your Doctor suggested Methotrexate?!?!?!?

What is the difference whether you take methotrexate or not with humira? Just curious? I just had my loading doses today!