• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

One Good Thing About Crohn's

So my dear son has had an ugly stomach bug for the last few days. He threw up a couple of times and has had many awful diapers! Well, my son decided that it would be fun to share this bug with me. :(

I was driving to pick up my daughter at daycare yesterday and almost didn't make it (I have an hour and 1/2 drive and was already running behind so couldn't stop). I had extreme urgency and aside from the unplesantries that always brings, I was really confused. I've been doing ok lately and am on Entocort so I got a little nervous thinking I must be having a really bad flare.

It was after I got home and was sitting on the toilet and realized this is what my son had! He must have given it to me!

So on to the good thing about having Crohn's Disease... I think any "normal" person that would have got this bug would be so sick and miserable! But for me...it just seems somewhat normal! :rof: Just urgency and lots of trips to the bathroom.

Is it wrong that this makes me a little happy?

Crohn's Mom

It's not wrong - its fabulous how well you handle things that would stop "normal" people in their tracks !
Wtg ! Hope you all feel better quick :)

It's not wrong and it is quite laughable, but , not about having crohn's anyway. Especially if it's just a bug and it will clear up soon usually it's a 24 hour thing i hope anyway.:rosette1:

lol. That's what I thought!! I successfully ate a somewhat normal lunch and haven't had any more problems so hopefully it's already on it's way out of my system.

It's not wrong! My husband (who is never sick, the creep) got a stomach bug not long ago. He was whining and moaning like he was knocking on deaths door. After he was over it, I came down with it. I cleaned the house, made dinner, did laundry, blah, blah. You know what he said to me??? Well. You are used to being in pain. I guess he has a point. Crohns as training for stomach flu. Think we could pitch it?