• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ongoing cramp

Been having a lot of issues with cramp recently, feels like trapped wind, but nothing seems to be relieving it. Every time I'm going to the toilet I'm just passing blood streaked mucus. I know mucus is a common issue with crohns, but should I be concerned this is heading for a full on flare?

Is your stool ribbon shaped or normal? Previous surgeries? What was the reason your infliximab was discontinued? Any change in your diet recently? Trapped gas can be a sign that you have a narrowing somewhere. I would recommend at this point at least recording your symptoms so you can speak with certainty with your doctor at the next opportunity.

Still formed, but very soft and usually small (sorry for tmi) haven't had any surgery, they discontinued infliximab because they believed my crohns was under control after doing a scope and could see no activate inflammation and faecal cal protection came back around 240. Consultant did mention that I might be at risk of flaring around now as I have only been off infliximab for about 10 weeks