• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Optimistic and have experience? Plz read.

I have been on Remicade for crohn's disease since March (Three infusions). I had previously been on Imuran for two months but it was affecting my blood so my GI had to stop it. I was on prednisone (40 mg) for my first two sessions then I started to worn off it gradually after the second infusion so I could not really tell if the Remicade was working. There are nothing clear expect weight gain (from 60 to 65 kg). I received my 3rd infusion two weeks ago. I reach now to (15 mg) of prednisone and still worn off with rate (2.5 mg per week)

I feel better just little bit than I did before I started the Remicade. Neither the doctors nor Remicade people can give me an answer as to when I will feel 100%. I know a lot of people are on another drug with Remicade so I was wondering if there was anyone out there whose just on Remicade like I am.
My questions are:
•How long it took you to feel normal again (from your experience)?
•What is the drug took beside Remicade (Not Imuran)?
•If seeing Remicade very very expensive for the rest of life. What are the alternatives?

Hi there,
Brandon was on prednisone when he started Remicade (2 infusions) he felt better within a week, but was troubled with a lot of side effects. He is now off Prednisone, but is still on Asacol twice a day and Omeprazole for reflux. So far no side effects with the second dose. His crohns symptoms have gone into remission. We plan to wean him off the Asacol after the next Remi infusion. I have heard it can take 6 months to a year to get the full effects of Remicade. If you have a lot of ulcerations, it takes time for them to heal.

Good luck
Trina