• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Osteoperosis

R

ruthymg

I also have early signs of osteoporosis or bone thinning but mine is more likelt to do with the onset of my disease in my teens stopping essential bone growth. Apparently the steroid use had made it worse and also the contraception injection (depoprovera) and smoking (which I have now stopped)

Ruth

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

I know that people with crohns are more prone to arthritis, and bone problems im on permanent calcium tablets due to the lack of calcium i intake

S

Skinsfan1229

I too got diangnosed in my teens and didnt think of this. But I had been taking prednisone since like 6 years old, till like 17 for asthma then from 17 to now for crohns.

GI doesnt really like me taking steriods for asthma anymore, and Sorry but Crohns DOES have priority over Asthma, I'm almost growing out of it, in the way of no ER visits atleast, since like 5th grade.

R

ruthymg

Yeah, I too have heard that children who have asthma usually grow out of it although I know not always. Sounds to me like your probably there. And I totally agree, crohns is more important than your what appears dormant asthma.

Ruth