• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ostomy supplies with extra large cut size?

This year my Crohn's has decided to start developing fistulas, and now I have several draining fistulas in the area around my ileostomy that I am dealing with. They are too close to use separate pouches to get drainage from them, but too far apart to fit in most bags. I just got a sample of something with a 4-1/3" cut size, which just barely manages to fit the fistulas and ileostomy in it. However, I do not care for the bag at all so far. This is the bag, btw:
https://www.edgepark.com/ostomy/pou...uch-cut-to-fit-flextend-ultra-clear/p/5080110

Probably the worst thing about the bag is the "access window" or whatever, which has the plastic ring. Unlike a 2 piece system, where that would be down skin level, this is stuck above the ileostomy, so the ileostomy pushes the ring out away from the body, making the ring very visible in my shirt, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sure it's made worse by the fact that my ileostomy is quite long.

Anyways, I've been looking at a lot of different supplies, trying to find anything with a large cut size (I need at least 4-1/4" cut size), and this is the only thing I've been able to find that's large enough. I figure there must be other large options, right? If you know of anything else that would be great, thanks! :)

fuzzy butterfly

Hi I don't know if you live in the UK, but iv just looked on line and found this website that base plates can be cut to 90cm. www.oakmed.co.uk even if you don't live in the UK, it may be worth a look incase they ship to other countries!!

fuzzy butterfly

Hi again also found Stoma caps (mini pouches) that you can use to cover fistulas.again in UK but see if you can order. Sizes 6/7/8cm pouches cut to 20/25 /30mm. Hope it may help.? www.living-with-a-stoma.co.uk> suppliers
Click on accessories