• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Other Options?

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with Crohn's colitis 5-1/2 years ago and have yet to acquire a successful stage of remission. For a short period of time while taking Remicade and Imuran symptoms seemed to be under control, but my body began to make anti-bodies to the Remicade and I was forced to stop the medication. I've continued to try different medications with very little to no luck. I am exploring any other options, such as diet and medical marijuana. Does anyone have any input or experience with these things?

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello Murphy,

Many people find that dealing with Crohns is a multi angled thing, sometimes diet helps but it is often not enough to enduce and sustain true remission so it is still important to keep taking advice from your doctors regarding medical treatments. There are a wide variety of treatment options and combinations available and unfortunately it's not uncommon for it to take a while to find what works best for you.

It would help us if you could tell us what medications you have tried so that we can offer suggestions on what else may help. This can of course be used in conjunction with diet changes. We have a special diet and nutrition section on the forum which may help you work out the best option for you. Remember as far as food goes, this is a very individual condition and it usually ends up being a process of trail and error while you work out what suits you and what doesnt.