• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Other peoples symptoms?

Please excuse my nieve questions I have only just been diagnosed so I was wondering what symptoms other people get with a flare up and at what point does it require hospitalization?

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.Regarding your question about flare,well that's a difficult one.As you'll appreciate,as symptoms,diagnosis and treatment are different for everyone,then so are flares.
To generalise, continuous pain,mucus,blood,fever,nausea are all symptoms of a flare.Either just one symptom or all of them at the same time.You should recognise when things have gone to far and it's time to visit ER / or outpatients dept.Only you know your own body and whether or not you feel bad enough to seek help.If that's the case,then DO NOT HESITATE. We are all here to help and advise where we can,so please feel free to ask.
Also,try not to worry about it.Some of the forum have been in a flare for months or more,others only have them occasionally,and some are in remission for months or years.As I said,we're all different.

Welcome. I am sorry you have this disease. Everyone is different. My symptoms are usually nausea, weight loss and bleeding. Six years ago, I had an obstruction and with that I felt like I was full before I finished eating. If I get a fistula or an abscess I get itching in my rectal/anal area. It doesn't get this bad but when I had the abscess I had been bleeding for three months. It seems to me that every flare has been a little different. I can't remember exactly what led to surgery for the fistulas. I think it was throwing up and my stomach being blocked that led to the resection.