• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Our Forum Queen is poorly!

Astra

Pen, our wonderful Queen of the forum has been is hospital with an obstruction.
She is very poorly but on the mend.
Please send her all your love and prayers during this difficult time.
Love you Pen, speedy recovery my friend
xxx

Sending lots and lots of hugs and healing thoughts to ya lovely.
:hug: :hug: :Karl: :getwell: :Karl: :hug::hug:

Terriernut

Sending all possible belly hugs to Pen!!! And healing thoughts and prayers!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PsychoJane

Feel better soon Pen!!! Sending you the most positive thoughts!!!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((+)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Sending loads and loads and loads of love and hugs your way Pen. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get plenty of rest along the way...:getwell:

Much love, :heart:
Dusty. xxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that! Pen, you're so wonderful and always here to support everyone... I hope you feel better soon, and that they're taking good care of you. *hugs*

I hope you feel better soon pen. You have always been such a support and have such good advice for everyone on the forum. Sending you healing thoughts xx

'Pen is mightier than the sword (or scalpel)' - hope recovery goes smoothly and that you can heal up well. Take your time.

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon Pen! Obstructions are so painful so hope you've not been suffering too much! Here's to a quick recovery!!!!!!!! *BIG HUGS*

Big Hugs To You, Pen!

:hug: Dear Pen----Get well soon, my friend. We are all praying for you and hoping that you can recover quickly to go home. Rest, rest, rest!
Hugs, Dana:hang:

LOSTnut

Poopy
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery ... take care and get well.

lotsa love and hugs coming you way!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thank you everyone! I was shocked!!! Joanie you are a sweetheart to let everyone know! I know now how much love I have from all of you. :heart: You all actually literally brought tears to my eyes...

I had a partial bowel obstruction, and was in ER full of morphine and finally vomited whilst in there. I think it was almonds I ate, NEVER again. I thought I was feeling better but the gas is horrendously painful and my LRQ is screaming with pain now. I never should of come out of ER and my Gi wanted to keep me in to do a colonoscopy but nooooooooooo I wanted out! Stupid. :angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

Now I am on T'3s and the pain is barely being touched. My husband is home and looking after me. In the meantime my Gi signed me out as a outpatient and awaiting a colonoscopy. I am resting and need to walk out the bloat, my stomach is bulging with bloat.

Thanks again love you all and you all mean alot to me!!! :wub: I am resting!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks Angrybird, well, I am losing ground and had to opt taking Pred! I can't take the pain much longer. If it keeps up I may end up back in the hospital :(.

Crohn's Mom

Awe Pen Im sorry you're so ill :stinks:

I sure hope you don't get any worse while at home...please don't take any chances with your health tho! Get back to the ER quickly if needed..you know how bad an obstruction can get! :ghug::ghug:

Get better soon hun!
xoxoxox

Hey Pen

Just saw this thread. Bloody hell! I know how much you loathe obstructions...this is just cruel!

I really do hope that the pain is getting under control. Blockages are so brutalizing.

Sending you very very gentle hugs,

Kismet

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thank you so much. Just a little update... The prednisone is working a tad took 35mg. If I didn't I would be in the ER with the IV for it anyways. The ER doctor wanted to put me on it and I said no not yet. I hate it and been on and off it alot this year. So I am giving it all I got. I even went for a walk outside to get fresh air havent been out in over a week. I have to get this back on track and using Ensure and mashed potatoes. It will be a few more days before I see some significant change. Thanks for all your support, love and prayers. You are all a lovely bunch! :ghug:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Pen

Just saw this thread. Bloody hell! I know how much you loathe obstructions...this is just cruel!

I really do hope that the pain is getting under control. Blockages are so brutalizing.

Sending you very very gentle hugs,

Kismet
Yes Kismet I hate obstructions. The only good thing is it was a partical and not near the pain of a full blockage. I certainly wouldnt be online for sure. I am behaving though...have no choice , the hubby is keeping a close eye me. :shifty-t: Thanks for the gentle hugs, cause my husband dont know the meaning of gentle :lol:

Astra

PHEW! glad you're feeling a bit better, I've left you a message MSN, catch ya tomoro REST xxxxxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am glad you are improving a little bit, Pen, and even enjoyed some fresh air. It will do you some good.

I hope you continue to improve little by little each day. Hang in there!!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks for all your pm's and wishes, it really helps me feel so much better. Still trying to manage the pain it is localizing but still very sore and a bit of bloat. It will be a while before I am out of the woods. Seeing all you wonderful crohnies and families of crohnies really makes my day. I miss you all and the best thing you can do for me is help out the newbies they need you too as much as I!:Karl:

I am taking baby steps like angrybird says...

Even though I'm new and don't really know who Pen is, I'm sending all my love and good thoughts to her, as I'd like that being done for me too.

Expecting to meet you in good health around the forum sometime :)

Good luck Pen, hope things feel better/ much less painful soon

Nuts have a lot to answer for...I was obstructed due to brazil nuts earlier in the year ( never again!)

Emma x

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Your wishes have made me feel better and I am stronger every day. I am able to do light housework and walking around very easy now. Still a bit tender but no where near like I was. I drop to 30mg of Pred and eating small portions and mushy type foods. Cheerios have been a god send and chewing every morsel lol.

Ironically I was eating brazil nuts but chewed them well, then got careless and ate almonds and previously in the past my flares have been getting longer and worse so this just was the icing on the cake. What a relief to almost be back to my normal. You have all been so great with your support, and I cant thank you enough! :ghugs:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I know you were, so I had to post as soon as I was able, my computer was acting up too. Very windy here and my booster wasn't working properly. I am so awe struck how much support and you as well, how much was given to me. I know I am needed here and will start to slowly help out again. Love and hugs!

Don't do too much Pen. We need you here but we need you feeling better more.
Take care hun.
Xxxxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks Shazz... tomorrow I am going to venture out to pick up a few things and get my daughters health card renewed. I have a cell phone and only eating light stuff and the pred is helping. Shopping always lifts my spirits, it will be almost 2 weeks since I have been out on the road :lol: one can get cabin fever.

Great to know I is loved ;)

Astra

Th'ole Queen IS loved by her minions!

It's great you're doing so well, but take it easy my friend!
xxx

Terriernut

Joan...we might as well be speaking to a brick wall. She's as stubborn as both of us put together! (well, not that bad...but close enough!)
:wink:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Well I gotta tell ya.. I am doing as I am told and cancelled my shopping day with my daughter because...the hubby split his head open whilst running the bulldozer in the bush, the dozer tipped forward and he gashed his head. 15 stitches later!! So I was in ER and saw the doctor that was attending me but I left cause I didnt want to have him think it was me in there lol. I am doing better and better every day. I am behaving.. I promise because I do not want to go back to ER unless it is for a scope!

So there :tongue:

LOSTnut

Poopy
Good to hear you are up and eating ...even if it mushy stuff ...as opposed to nuts :D
Hope the pred will do the trick and you are fully recovered soon. Obstructions and flares SUCK!

Lotsa love and hugs

Astra

Well bloody hell's fire, beats swinging from the chandeliers, eh?

Hope you're both ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am glad you are doing a bit better, Pen, but I am sorry to hear about hubby. Ouch!

I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Wow all you guys are the awesomest!! :lol:

@ Misty: you are just bad, bad to the bone! Poor Stan, he is stuck with ya! :lol:

The hubby is ok, looks like Frankenstein lol. He showed me what he banged his head on, OMG he could of killed himself...moron. He was wearing a toque so that could of helped somewhat. He just put snow on his head and continued when it stopped bleeding.

He has now got a criss-cross seat belt on the dozer seat, and phoned his millwright son to get one on his too! Can't be too safe!

I am almost back to my normal self. The hubby can tell because I have assumed my Warden duties again :ytongue:

Tomorrow is rest day. For me anyways. Hope you are all doing well!!! And behaving ;).

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Of course!!! He has a backhoe, 1979 Ford 150, 2 atv's, homemade super duper log splitter. The Dozer he uses more in the winter. Those tracks dig up dirt so he uses the backhoe in the summer, or he is a dead man :lol:.

He was raised on a farm and we now have 24 acres and burn our own wood, but he is behind with his promotion at work and travelling and holidays.

Aww poor hubby!! I hope he's better very soon. So glad to hear you're starting to feel near to normal...big hugs xx
:hug:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Me too Angry bird. I guess I have to be thankful it was only a partial blockage..full ones are murder.

Soybean, thanks for the big hugs. We are both doing fine, my hubby is one of those type that nothing hurts him. My first instinct is to call him Franky lol.

Trysha

Staff member
Welcome back Pen---be taking it easy now
Hope your husband mends well soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
@Trysha, thanks, I am slowly coming back, just dont want to overwhelm myself, it was a bit stressful but my husband and I are a strong for each other.

@Hexie. Thank you and if I haven't welcomed you to the forum, I am waving hello :bigwave:. I am usually posting alot to welcome newbies but since MIA so many have joined and still behaving myself and resting. Glad you are aboard!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thank you Sailor Luna and Cross-stitch! I can't blieve my body is back to my normal self. I dropped to 25mg of pred and taper every 3 days... Eventually I will be back on a low dose Flagyl to keep it at bay until my colonoscopy is booked, still nothing yet. Of course I have more energy , but hopefully the flare doesnt come back after I taper again.

I feel great now! Also my "days" never showed up, thank God because that would be more pain. I just wonder if it was a no show because of the trauma of a partial bowel obstruction. Hoping it means menopause is coming!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thank you Carol, I am not one for posting about myself , as you know Joanie started this, and I am grateful to all of you for caring. I hated being in so much pain, felt like post op pains..Pred is a miracle!

Angrybird

Oh Pen I am sooooo pleased you are feeling good again :D I am allowed to drop the Pred on Tues to 20mg but then I have to stay on this for 4 weeks whilst we wait for the Aza to kick in. It is worth chasing the colonoscopy appt on Mon if you don't hear anything?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Funny you mention AZA my doc wanted to put me on it. I don't do well on immunosuppressants so I said no. Why cause more pain in the liver area. On top of everything my GI was (that morning of my hospital stay) was gathering up my files to send to a different Gi as he is retiring... Then he says what happened? So having a scope from him as he is the best is better to wait. I should of stayed in the hospital to get a scope but wasnt sure how long I would have to stay and I felt better..stupid, I should know better.

Our system is he books the scope and the scope office sends me a date of the scope, I will call his secretary on Monday, thanks for the reminder! I think I will keep you :lol:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Update:

I just received the letter to go for my colonoscopy! It is on my Birthday!!! So much for the keg dinner :(. On top of it, it is a late time 12:40pm, I am gonna die... :yfaint: NO Food is the worst part.

Angrybird

Well that just sucks, when is your birthday? My last colonoscopy was at 3:15pm which is the first (and hopefully the last) afternoon appt I have had. It really seemed to make a difference not getting it done in the morning.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
when is your birthday?
The only one who SHOULD know is Joan (Astra) ask her!! :lol:

This time I noticed I have to take 4 dulcolax, I have never had to take that many but he could be thinking with the obstruction and narrowing he wants to make sure he can get through. The Pico Salax I can tolerate, piece of cake (oops) no food to mention ;)