• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Out of Denial

Sigh. Diagnosed with IBS in 1999 but you know...it just didn't seem right. After 4 more col.onoscopies I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and on the 5th colonoscopy (after ruling out Celiac)- I was "officially" diagnosed with Crohn's in 2006. I still confuse doctors (and myself) as I have more symptoms indicative of Celiac (blood, mucus and constipation)- sigh.

It is wonderful to finally join a group that can understand. As most probably know- it is hard to talk to, even family, as they TRY to "get it" but just cannot fully grasp.

Thank you for this forum!:smile:

Hi Faketomorrow
Funny user name how did you come to choose that?

I live in Florida also, Ocala. Diagnosed with crohn's when I first got sick as a kid (1969) not sure they know for sure than but thats what it has turned out to be.

Hi Donjh! My user name- well, actually my daughter (5) told me that it was going to be her band name when she grew up :) I thought it was cute !

I know what you mean- I don't think they are sure with me either but it appears to kind of fit.

So, you have been living with this your entire life? Wow- hugs-. My symptoms started right after college- I ignored them for a few years until well, I finally became frightened enough to seek answers.

That would make a great band name.

Yeap pretty much my whole life I was sick for a long time before I finally ended up in the hospital the first time. I feel very lucky it's been a wonderful life despite the disease. I've made the same mistake thru the years ignoring symptoms I've learned my lesson and don't try and wish the pain away any more.

"it is hard to talk to, even family, as they TRY to "get it" but just cannot fully grasp."

I agree but bless them for trying. This is the sort of thing unless you walk a mile in my shoes no one would ever understand. You can "why me" yourself forever with crohn's you just have to get on with life as best you can take one day at a time and make the best of everyday.

Very nice to meet you and I wish you the best.