• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Over-excitement and eating

Hi all, I'm new here and I was wondering if it's common in crohns for a trigger to be simply going out for dinner!? Everytime I go out for dinner with friends, it seems the combination of eating and having a lively conversation and fun is too much for my tummy - I get home to explosive diarrhea!! Anyone?

Lady Organic

Staff member
I remember a few years back when I though I was in remission, Flare was actually coming back and the first times I noticed something was going wrong was when I was eating in a restaurant. I remember 2 episodes at a all-you-can eat sushi (low quality) and fried chicken restaurant where right after going out of the restaurant, I had to return inside for the toilet and for a explosive D with cramps. When I used to go to restaurant, it was usually not quality food and i used to over-eat. That episode was my only one with terminal ileum and caecum only being sick. I normally have disease in rectum and left colon and the symptoms are different.