• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ozanimod & Janus kinase (Trial)

Hello Everybody!

I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried Ozanimod or Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor??
After other medications have failed. I'm at that point of the road right now.

i've been unable to taper off prednisone, for 2 years now. And I'm not a candidate for surgery.
Now it seems like medication options are running low.
So any good news on Ozanimod or JAK would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

Any advice at all is welcomed

Wish you all good luck and good health
Luciana

Hello Everybody!

I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried Ozanimod or Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor??
After other medications have failed. I'm at that point of the road right now.

i've been unable to taper off prednisone, for 2 years now. And I'm not a candidate for surgery.
Now it seems like medication options are running low.
So any good news on Ozanimod or JAK would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

Any advice at all is welcomed

Wish you all good luck and good health
Luciana
Hello!!
I was in an Ozanimod trial. I did the 10 week double blinded study, but due to not improving I “failed” out of the study and they put me in the open label study. I was getting the max dose of Ozanimod for about 4 months before I had to come out of the trial. I had run out of options as well. Ultimately, it didn’t have any improvement upon endoscopic findings. However, my disease didn’t get any worse while on it either.
I did leave the study since my quality of life just wasn’t good.

I hope if you take it, it works better for you!!

Right, this is the most anecdotal of anecdotal evidence, but my neighbour is in the trial (I'm based in Ireland). He had run out of options as well.

He has got a good hit off ozanimod and is now well. I think he has been on the trial for over a year now.