• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Packing on the Pounds! Help!

Hey All!!! I am new to this page, and just found it today while browsing the net. I was diagnoised 14 years ago, at the age of 18. I struggled for many years, with the disease, symptoms, my weight, etc.... I hit remission 3 years ago after finally finding a Rx that works for me, Remicade. I was on everything from Pentasa, Predizone, Cinzia, Humira, you name it! Been there, took that! Nothing worked! Remicade has been a savior! I immediatley started feeling better, using the bathroom alot less, and being able to DO THINGS! yay! I have put on a ton of weight since i hit remmisson though. ugh, it sucks! yes, i would rather be fat and healthy, vs. skinny and sick, but can't I have my cake and eat it too? I put on over 100 lbs in 3 years! I often think about not getting my IV Theropy just to drop the weight, but i don't want to be sick. Any one experience weight gain? I know, its rare for us crohnies!

I haven't been on remicade so I don't know how it affects you. I do struggle with my weight though. I notice that when I eat things that I can digest easily, my weight drops. When I eat stuff that doesn't agree with me, my weight goes up.

Do you eat more on remicade or does the medicine itself make you put on weight? Are you eating healthy?

It's not that rare to be a tubby crohns sufferer,I
also have thought about stopping the meds for weight loss but it would be really foolish,I,m not that keen on my insides eating through to the outside