• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain after bowel resection.

I had my terminal ileum removed 2 weeks ago. He done a side to side anastomoses. My question. I am still having pain when I have a bowel movement. It’s getting better. But, it takes my breathe away at times.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so when did it finally get better and better? Weeks 4-5-6?

Thanks

My doctor had me on oxycodone after my resection. I hope you get relief soon. I would call your doctor and tell him about the pain you are experiencing.

cmack

Staff member
My doctor had me on oxycodone after my resection. I hope you get relief soon. I would call your doctor and tell him about the pain you are experiencing.
I agree, you need better pain relief. Oxycodone is perfectly safe if taken as directed by a competent doctor. I have taken it for months at a time after surgeries. When the prescription ran out, that was it. I felt a little rough for a few days but it was way better than what you are describing. Don't be scared, be honest with the doc about the pain. That's all my opinion of course, however I have been treated with nearly all the major painkillers.:ack: