• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain after colonoscopy

Is it usual to have a lot of abdominal soreness the day after a colonoscopy? I had a colonoscopy yesterday morning which went well. Apart from the usual bloating immediately after the procedure I felt fine, however I have woken up this morning with what feels like tenderness and bruising across the lower abdomen. Is this just from where the scope was prodding or is it likely to be something more severe?

Is it usual to have a lot of abdominal soreness the day after a colonoscopy? I had a colonoscopy yesterday morning which went well. Apart from the usual bloating immediately after the procedure I felt fine, however I have woken up this morning with what feels like tenderness and bruising across the lower abdomen. Is this just from where the scope was prodding or is it likely to be something more severe?
It will probably be just that yes, it will clear. Your insides could be quite raw I guess.

I just had a scope ast Thursday with propathol... compared to just light sedation last year. The difference was night & day. Last years scope left me very uncomfortable the day of and the next few days after. With propathol I was feeling great afterwards with very little discomfort. You probably should call the facility where you had the scope procedure and/or your GI to let them know your comfort level as soon as your're able.

Hope you start to feel better soon!
Jeff

I was a bit tender for a day or two due to the biopsies but it was only mild. If it gets very sore I would phone and check it out.