• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain after Eating

Hi all,

For the past few weeks I get a dull pain and very full feeling a few minutes after eating. I feel nauseous and a bit sick as well and always have a BM with these symptoms.

This passes after a little while.

I had these symptoms two years ago right before I was hospitalized with a blockage. At that time my symptoms got worse all of a sudden and I wound up in hospital.

I am really scared that this is happening again, especially since it was the beginning of April as well.

Anyone else feel this way??

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I know how you feel, sorry you are going thru this. I dont have bm right away, wish I did maybe the pain wouldn't be there if it went thru. I feel bloated and backed up but had a scope saying I wasnt narrowed. So I am thinking you could have some narrowing or scar tissue, I would give your bowels a rest and stick to fluids, I did yesterday. Feel a bit better today. Blockages are NOT fun, my worst nightmares! I see you are on Cipro and Flaygl, they should be helping. Keep us posted.

Mike,

Where is your pain? I have been experiencing similar feelings. My pain is just below my rib cage in the center of my abdomen (stomach?). Maybe you have seen some of my recent posts, but I have been concerned of a blockage as well, especially after a violent episode of vomiting two weeks ago.

I hope that neither is anything too serious, but if you say you felt this way before, I would say to check with your doc. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the advice Jetta. I will be doing liquids only for a few days.

Shady, yep center under rib cage.

I'll call the doc Monday.

I forgot to mention the belching and bloat as well??

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
yeah I got major bloat and gas pains and they hurt! Using one flagyl a day is helping that now... thank God.