• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain free, need herbal medicine

Hi there everyone, ive had Cd for 22 years and ive just been told cannabis oil can stop all pain, as anyone else heard this please, i thought it was illegal but ive been told it isnt, Can anyone help me please because im finding it hard to cope with this flare up x:shifty-t:

visit this section of the forum under treaments- http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

I haven't tried it yet but yes marijuana has been shown to help people with crohn's disease in one study. Many other mouse studies show efficacy in colitis as well, so potential is there. many testimonies too. Some people only use marijuana and no other meds and claim its superior.

Unheated cannabis like hash oil has no psychoactive properties and may be even more potent medicine. Strains high in CBD and with less THC also have less psychoactive properties if smoked, and less negative psychological side effects. The ratio of THC to CBD seems to effect negative side effects when thc is much higher then CBD or when there is no CBD present. Both THC and CBD have medicinal properties and seem amplified when combined. THC and CBD are the most powerfully active medicinal chemicals in marijuana, although other chemicals do play a role in its effects.

I have read alot about marijuana i guess, maybe i should try it too!!
its hard to get unless you grow it yourself, which is actually pretty easy.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone, ive had Cd for 22 years and ive just been told cannabis oil can stop all pain, as anyone else heard this please, i thought it was illegal but ive been told it isnt, Can anyone help me please because im finding it hard to cope with this flare up x:shifty-t:
Hi! Im actually thinking of the same thing. I ve had CD since i was 6 years old, today im 36. Belive it or not, i just recently come across all of the studies done on the matter,,,CD and the good effects using marijuana. I was amazed,,,where i live it is totally unlegal to smoke or use, or eat it in food or carry it on u. SO of course these studies never reach here. I read a lot of studies on the subject and they say its (amongst many things) the cannabinoids u need and u can get them in a legal way here,,and onlkine caz they are not getting u high. Best way is also i read, is to take it in different ways, oral with mouthspray, food, smoke it..and so on.
I actually dont know how the long terms effect are by using marijuana but i can say that the studies done is showing that its not only helping 4 the suffering of pain in the bowels, against fever, amongst many thing,,,,its also good results 4 people who are operated in the stomach caz of CD. The chance of not being put on the table and sliced in is decreasing that i my self are thinking of getting it.