• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in my @$$

So I am about 5-6 weeks pregnant and maybe about 4 days ago after a few days of diarrhea, I expreienced anal pain. After going through the day with it I slept it off and it was gone by morning. After another round of diarrhea that morning it was back and each time more painful than the next. It can be hemmroids can it? It's to early in the pregnancy for that. I do have anal fissures and a fistula however there not bothering me. It's in a totally different spot. I really hope it's not a new one :(. This isn't starting off fun at all, I really hope things clear up and I can enjoy the fact in pregnant. Any advice on how to rid the burning every time I have to go, which is 4 to 5 times a day. :stinks:

Hi Ms. TG, I don't have any answers to your questions, but I wanted to say hi! I'm ~17 weeks and have had ALL kinds of interesting PG symptoms (although no morning sickness in the 1st tri .. maybe due to the Prednisone? I'm going to say it's due to the pred and count it as a "positive" of the CD). I have had some stabby pains associated with emptying my bowels, but it sounds like yours are more localized. Good luck and I hope your poo pains clear up and you can start enjoying your pregnancy. Is this your first pregnancy or have you done this before?? In any case, congratulations!

This is my first baby, I'm not sure what to expect at all. That leaves room for excitement and nervousness. I'll work through the pain, I just want a healthy baby. Though I was hoping for more of a remmission from the pregnancy, guess it true that you don't always get what u want. I don't get morning sickness just nausa and a lot of bloating, lots of diarrhea and sore breasts.

I had hemorrhoids before I got pregnant, and they got much worse when I was pregnant, but that was because I started to flare at 8 weeks, and was having a lot of diarrhea, like 20+ times a day. I was able to use witch hazel and preparation H, but ask your doc before you try anything.

Congratulations on your first baby! Even with a miserable flare and severe morning sickness (I lost 20 pounds while I was pregnant) I have a healthy 7 year old now! So the Crohn's doesn't mean your baby won't be fine.

Goodluck to you to jenamonkey, keep me informed on your pregnancy! And thanks for the advice LindaS. For now my home cure seems to be keeping it clean and attaching my heating pad to my tushie, I'll make a appointment to see my dr.