• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in right side ?

Hi all have a question
For the past 4days have had loose BM after anything that is put in mouth but After lunch which is a piece of fish or chicken I have been feeling bloated and uncomfortable in stomach as if i have a stitch in right side. Then vomiting. Last night had all the above symptom but by 7pm had cramps most of night. Today tender on right hand side to touch and bloated again. Does anyone have any ideas ???

valleysangel92

Staff member
Are you still passing stool and/or gas? If you aren't then you may need urgent medical attention as this could be a blockage. I don't want to scare you but these can be very serious. At the very least I would call the IBD nurse or your GI and let them know what's happening.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Do you have an IBD nurse you could call? If you did you could tell her your symptoms and she may pass them on to your doctor or advise you to go to the hospital.

Hi Lynn,

These symptoms sound similar to what I've had for a few months. It turns out I have a stricture in my terminal ileum, which is causing partial blockage, therefore causing all these symptoms.

Try not to worry about a blockage, if your still having BM's and passing gas you're not fully blocked. Do you have an IBD nurse you could ring instead of waiting for Docs? Even after I'd contacted my nurse and consultant it took 7 weeks for an MRI and a further 3 weeks for results, so unless it's totally blocked it's not an emergency. They just advised if I stopped having BMs and had to go ER.

Hope you get some investigations into what this is and some answers soon :)

Yvette xx

Hi YJ120 and valleysangle92
Yes I have strictures in my terminal ileum, and I will make a phone call in the morning and see if I can talk to someone
Thank so much