• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in the anus during bowel movement

S

sefiby

Hi everyone,

I am new to Crohn's Disease, started having symptoms 9 months ago (at the age of 38), had a flare up 5 weeks ago and was diagnosed with crohn's and another flare up 2 weeks ago.

Now I am on the path of getting better I hope because I fill stronger and 2 days ago for the first time in months that I don't have diarrhea. it is still not really solid but definitely not watery.

I am on 35 mg prednisone. and going down by 5 every week and also taking 5 - ASA 3 grams a day.

The problem I am experiencing the last 24 hrs is a burning pain in the anus during bowel movement. I wonder I anyone ever had that and if so, what does it mean.

Thank you
J. Ben-Jaacov

I have had that before and could possibly be an anal fissure. Its like when you get the cracks on the side of your mouth but instead on you anus. Also, do you get a dull pain after bowel movements.

Welcome to the forum

Best of luck

L

leonghoward

GI doctor can prescribe Nytroglcerin(sp?) paste .
Get it checked out . It s too much of a pain in the butt, to leave alone:lol2:

S

Skinsfan1229

There are problems sometimes with sphincters, especially in incotence i believe its called, basically when you can hold your bowel movement without losing control.

K

kix66

I'd tend to think its fissures too, i had them, luckily they clear up when I was on Pred. I was given suppositories that helped too.

S

Skinsfan1229

I've had 16 fissures and I dont think its that causing it, because it would hurt to just sit, not just have a bowel movement.