• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in the lower tummy

can anyone please tell me why my intestines feel like they are hard and when I bend down to pick up something it feels like there is not enough room in my body for them.I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with crohns but they have been this way for about 2 years.About the same time I had h pylori,also fun!

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I wonder if it could be some sort of scarring from the crohn's or an obstruction.

What other symptoms do you experience with this?

What has your doctor said about these pains and feeling of hardness?

The last cat scan was about a week ago,I will not see my Dr. for 3 months every time I see him it seems like he rushes me in and out. The last time I asked a question he gave me a booklet.I am having a lot of pain in the hard areas,that never goes away.

I have something the same in my lower left side. its been worse for the past 3 days and is very tender to the touch. I also get shooting pains and when a gas ball passes through its agony.
I was with my gp today and she wanted too send me for an xray but I didn't go as its Monday and the a&e is always flat out.
she said it could be a partial obstruction or the start of a flare.
I got an emergency app with my gi on Friday so ill wait till then unless it gets unbearable.

hope we get some answers.
ju

KWalker

can anyone please tell me why my intestines feel like they are hard and when I bend down to pick up something it feels like there is not enough room in my body for them.I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with crohns but they have been this way for about 2 years.About the same time I had h pylori,also fun!
How is it when you go to the bathrooom? Are you constipated or do you have diarrhea? The reason I ask is that (depending on how low) I wonder if you do have some sort of blockage or if you get bloated easily. I know you can also get a feeling similar to what it sounds like you're describing if you are constipated.

Do you feel the pain is just under your belly button or closer down near your groin area?

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Have your doctor's office fax or allow you to pick up the test results from your cat scan. Maybe also try to get your doc on the phone to at least explain the results to you.

I would personally try for a second opinion if you feel you are not getting proper assistance. Offering someone a booklet is just not enough for IBD.
Communication is key in order to make sure you are receiving proper treatment since everyone experiences IBD symptoms differently.

Hopefully you will get some answers soon but seriously consider that second opinion.

Feel free to post back on here and let us know how it all goes. Feel better. :hug:

The last cat scan was about a week ago,I will not see my Dr. for 3 months every time I see him it seems like he rushes me in and out. The last time I asked a question he gave me a booklet.I am having a lot of pain in the hard areas,that never goes away.

Yes I am looking for a new DR.My bowl movements are some what normal.I do get very bloated,not much sleep,at least not more than 3 hours at a time,but I end up sleeping half the day 2 or 3 hours at a time.The pain is lower toward my groin but comes and goes,also lots of gas.

im starting to go more often and its softer than normal. probably another flare.
my sigmoid feels agitated before I go to the toilet and gas pains too.
it certainly feels like inflammation. being watching for blood but none yet.
bah humbug!
ju

Im having this for about two weeks now , my pain is below my belly button and to my lower right side . Went to doctors and was told they would only manage the pain and would not Xray as I have a history of LRQ pain . I explained that this is different and is quite severe at times . They still will not investigate . When I sit down it feel s like im pressing on something and this is new to me . something has changed and im not happy about it . I have alot of pain after a bowel movement which have become less frequent over the last few weeks . I belief that i am gettin blocked . it did ease off after doing a couple of day of liquids but came straight back as soon as i started solids again. really pissed off about now getting taken seriously.

I really feel for you on this one , hope you get some answers soon.
Peter

I'm also experiencing pain on my lower left side below the belly button. The pain is there most of the time, steroids and Co-dydramol take the edge off it at times. I'm definitely experiencing some sort of blockage as I no longer produce semen. I'm still awaiting an appointment to see a Gastronologist that my Dr referred me to a couple of months ago. I'm going back to my Doctor this week.

I really feel for you arrowhead. Hope you manage to get a more understanding Doctor and you're able to get rid of the pain. :hug:

I did manage to get my med records from my Dr.My last cat scan says no abnormal small bowel distention or small bowel wall thickening.It did help me to get my med records.