• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain in upper abdomen

I've been having stabbing pains while eating in the upper abdomen since yesterday, i thought maybe it was my acid reflux but that usually feels like more of a burning sensation through my whole stomach. Any suggestions? I'm now finding I can't finish a meal because of the pain.

nogutsnoglory

Reflux shouldn't cause those pains. I think its best to have it checked out. Sorry, wish I could provide a better answer but I'm not sure.

You need to get it looked at. I have a hiatus hernia diagnosed through an endoscopy and take regular medication for it.

i got them occasionally over the last year and i was told it's nothing dy doc. and gi.
i rarely get it anymore.

It could involve your gallbladder. I've had the same issue and all tests come back negative with regards to gall bladder and liver. But it would be good to have them checked because of the location of the pain.