• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain & pressure after 23 year of having anus sown up

PLEASE has anyone had this problem or know what it is....Hi all ive had crohn's now for 25 years, i have had many operations and for many years had a illeostomy, but eventually was given a permanent Illeostomy, also had my anus sown up. The last couple of years on and off I've been getting pressure and pain around anus and very low back, but in the last couple of weeks the pain has not eased at all and i feel as if i need to push , it is so uncomfortable and painful. Has anyone else had this or doe's anyone know the reason? thank you for reading

Last edited:
Hey and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you having problems but you've come to the right place. There are a lot great people here who will be able to help you.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Hi there,

I am sorry you are experiencing this. It sounds like it would be dreadfully painful and uncomfortable. Unfortunately I have not experienced this personally but I wanted to offer you some support.

Have you contacted your GI or surgeon about this yet?

Hi hthompson631, thank you for your concern, i have an appointment on Thursday 7th march so not much longer to wait, its no better and so uncomfortable , someone has mentioned it could be build up of fluid , hopefully will get some answer when i see GP. Thank you once again and take care

I have heard of this before. Someone I knew had a problem with their pudendal nerve after this surgery. It can also develop later on. Not sure what treatments are available though. Hope you feel better soon xxx