• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain/Sickness when Humira is due

I'm still in the early days of Humira but the last two fortnightly injections I've really suffered with pain and nausea the day or two before the injection is due. Today was my injection day, I had it this morning and by lunch time I felt 100% better than before the injection.

Has anyone else experienced this?

No one replied last time but I'm just updating my records.
Due for Humira on Wednesday and I was nauseous on Friday and have had diarrhea all day today. A pattern seems to be forming...

I know that when I used ti take remicade when it approached time for the next dose my symptoms would return. Maybe it is something similar with Humira

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds had symptoms start prior to humira due
His docs increased the frequency which eliminated those mini flares
He takes humira every 5 days
Plus mtx

Might be worth talking to you GI about the pattern your seeing

No one replied last time but I'm just updating my records.
Due for Humira on Wednesday and I was nauseous on Friday and have had diarrhea all day today. A pattern seems to be forming...
Hi! I've been on and off Humira for over a year (I had hip surgery in the fall and recently had pneumonia, both time needing to be off the Humira for some time). I recently began weekly injections. Since day one of Humira I almost always feel fluish approaching the injection day and often experience a sort of "Hangover" flu feeling for the 24-36hrs after. I inject at bedtime which helps some, as I can sleep through some of the unwell feeling.