• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Painful internal hard bump near "butthole"....

Hey guys. From time to time I get this pain in/near my "butthole opening". I realize it after a BM and I wipe.

It comes and goes every few months and I'm not sure what it is. I found the culprit and was wondering if you guys have any ideas.

Basically, I was feeling around and I noticed this very small and hard (almost like a baby marble) near my anal opening. Its located slightly to the right and up towards the perineum. Probably a half inch from the anal opening.

But its not external. I have to push my skin in a little to actually feel it, and I do get slight pain when I do this.

Any ideas?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Could be a cyst. No harm in leaving a message with your doctor and seeing what they have to say.

Maybe I'll call the doc but he's the "don't worry" type.

Could it be a hemmorhoid? I get them occasionally but this one is in a weird spot.

braveheart

Passionate Dreamer
I had a "perianal abscess" few years ago. It was REALLY painful.
The doctors drained it and it healed. It was a really simple procedure.

The good thing about it, it is very "accessible", I mean doctors can just see it there. You can be given a “local” treatment such as an ointment.
Try not to graze it much with toilet paper, use water instead.

I hope you get well soon.

Its probably a good idea to ask your doctor. Its possible that it could be a fluid collection (abscess) that needs to be drained. It may be better to catch it early, as those can be really painful (trust me I know. Ive got three different drains coming out of that area).

Is it painful? Does it grow in size? If it seems to be painful or warm I would definitely get it checked out. Also, be aware of any fevers you might be having as that is also a symptom of abscesses.

Hey guys. From time to time I get this pain in/near my "butthole opening". I realize it after a BM and I wipe.

It comes and goes every few months and I'm not sure what it is. I found the culprit and was wondering if you guys have any ideas.

Basically, I was feeling around and I noticed this very small and hard (almost like a baby marble) near my anal opening. Its located slightly to the right and up towards the perineum. Probably a half inch from the anal opening.

But its not external. I have to push my skin in a little to actually feel it, and I do get slight pain when I do this.

Any ideas?
Sounds exactley like the abcess/fistula I had to deal with before this all started for me. Being that it comes and goes every few months it sounds like it hasn't made its way close enough to the outside skin yet to form a head, like a zit. Once it does that watch out because it will become painfull to do just about everything and at that point its either suffer threw it till it drains inside or outside. If your brave enough you can lance it yourself once it comes to a head or just contact your doc and have him do it in the office with a local. I feel for yah and good luck.

Sounds exactley like the abcess/fistula I had to deal with before this all started for me. Being that it comes and goes every few months it sounds like it hasn't made its way close enough to the outside skin yet to form a head, like a zit. Once it does that watch out because it will become painfull to do just about everything and at that point its either suffer threw it till it drains inside or outside. If your brave enough you can lance it yourself once it comes to a head or just contact your doc and have him do it in the office with a local. I feel for yah and good luck.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND you try to lance any kind of abscess yourself. (If you can even see it..? Most abdominal abscesses are inside your body and I havent heard of one coming to the surface like that) - This can be extremely dangerous. The fluid inside can be infected and simply lancing it is not going to help you. You can have sepsis and die. If you have an abscess, it needs to be properly drained and you may need antibiotics. Its nowhere near as simple as lancing a zit, especially if its deep in your abdomen.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I didn't call the doc because by the third day it was gone. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Stupid disease. Anytime anything happens I immediately point it to Crohn's. Problem is never know if it is or not.