• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

PaleoGreens - Anyone heard of/used this

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I came across this supplement of sorts surfing the internet today. There are a few articles out there about how those of us with crohn's can benefit from it. Is anyone familiar with this and/or have experience that is willing to share? I am curious about this product. Thanks.

The first article states the following:

PaleoGreensTM: PaleoGreens is a powder formulated from over 70% organic non-oxidized vegetables and fruits. Freeze drying these foods maintain their nutritional integrity with optimal nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes.

Here is the best part of PaleoGreens: it is the BIG BANG for your BUCK! Why?
Not only will you get natural sourced vitamins and minerals but you also get live enzynes that help break down nutrients and increase your digestive enzymes to break down your food so that your body can utilize nutrients better. And if that is not enough, PaleoGreens also contains an enzyme/prebiotic proprietary blend that will help with building the right microintestinal flora. PaleoGreens also helps with

Cleansing & strengthening the Liver
Alkalinizing and healing the intestines
Soothes gastrointestinal upsets
Relieves constipation and irritable bowel
Sustains energy
Mental clarity
Weak Nails/Hair
Skin Problems
Antioxidant Protection
Immune System
Increasing enzyme activity in body
Accelerating wound healing and recovery
What this means to you is less symptoms of bloating, cramps and digestive issues. It may also help your medications to work better, because the liver is less congested and can filter your medications. If you are not a veggie person, or can not digest vegetables for their nutrtional properties one serving has the equivalent antioxidant capacity to 4 servings of vegetables, based on ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity), a USDA-developed method for measuring antioxidant activity. Pretty cool right?

PaleoGreens does not contain grains, legumes, alfalfa, corn, gluten, fructose, artificial sweeteners, fillers, bulking agents, whole grasses, pectin, rice bran which are known to cause irritations to the digestion tract. Another great reason why this product is the best bang for your buck there are no fiber or flaxseed which is important for those who need to avoid fiber due to inflamed intestines and obstructions. It really is a win-win.

http://karenlangston.com/2011/11/ask-karen-best-vitaminmineral-for-crohns-disease-on-a-budget/

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/designs-for-health-supplements-lemon-lime-powder.html

Last edited:
It almost sounds to good to be true...like a magic elixer. The ingredients look good though. If you try it, you will have to let us know how it is.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
yeah I'm always wary of things that sound too good to be true...wanted to see if there was anyone here that could vouch for it.

And the answer is no. :lol:

KWalker

Its very possible it's legit. There's a brand called Freeda and they make vitamins specifically for people on the SCD diet. SCD and Paleo are very similar and almost all (if not all) are not allowed on the SCD so I would say the same goes for the Paleo diet so it makes sense that they're not included.

Its just a green powder. Dozens of them on the market. Alot of them aren't that great. You can buy Healthforce Vitamineral Green or Pure Synergy Superfood for around the same price instead which in my opinion are better. I no longer buy those brands as I make my own formula but all I can say I feel great on them.

You can read bunch of reviews on the products.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthforce-V...=1357701996&sr=8-1&keywords=vitamineral+green

http://www.amazon.com/The-Synergy-C...702063&sr=1-1&keywords=pure+synergy+superfood