• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Palpitations on LDN??

:( I'm so sad....my GI doc just told me to stop taking LDN. For the past 2 weeks I have had "chest" symptoms. First, left-center chest pain which transformed into accelerated heart-feeling. I went to the ER last Thurs-everything was normal. I've been on 6mg of Entocort since June 13th and LDN since June 2 (1.5mg); 2-3 weeks later (3mg); a week later (4.5mg)...maybe I increased too quickly? I really thought it could be the Entocort! So I tapered myself last Friday to 3mg lol....is it ok to bump it back up to 6mg? :/ I thought since my case is mild, I'd be able to be anti-conventional meds. Maybe I could restart LDN sometime in the near future..

I would expect the corticosteroid to be the cause of your palpitations.
Adverse reactions, occurring in patients treated with ENTOCORT EC 9 mg (total daily dose) in short-term active disease state studies and/or ENTOCORT EC 6 mg (total daily dose) long-term, with an incidence less than 5% and greater than placebo are listed below by system organ class:

Cardiac disorders: palpitation, tachycardia
http://www.rxlist.com/entocort-side-effects-drug-center.htm

A lack of magnesium can also cause heart best irregularities. Caffeine used to give me this problem until I started taking a magnesium supplement.

Another symptom of low mag is hearing loss or tinnitus.

Make sure you get enough.

Dan