• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Partner suffering bad Crohn’s flare ups

Partner suffering bad Crohn’s flare ups

Hi, I am new to the support group.

My fiancé was diagnosed with Crohn’s a year ago, his flare ups are getting worse and more frequent, he’s spent the last two Christmas days in bed all day :( Anyone have any good meal plans to follow to help reduce symptoms please? Thanks x

Hi Sorry to hear. From what I take everyone is different. But smaller more frequent meals can help. Avoiding fiber helps me at times and staying away from heavily starchy or bulky foods.

Hi Sorry to hear. From what I take everyone is different. But smaller more frequent meals can help. Avoiding fiber helps me at times and staying away from heavily starchy or bulky foods.
I think the main problem will be adapting his food, we’ve always loved our food and both been big eaters. He’s spent the whole weekend bed bound again. He was on a course of steroids for a few months but as soon as they stopped he took a nose dive again. Going to plan my food shop around making set meals this week. Thanks for the reply x

That is the advice my gi gave me shortly after my resection.