• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pelvic pain

So I spent several hours at the ER today and I had a CT scan. My GI doc was concerned that I may have an abscess or something because of the new, recent pain that I'm having. I've been having problems for several months due to a long stricture in my TI, causing a constant firmness and soreness in my lower abdomen and loops of distended bowel, but things took a turn on Tuesday when I developed pain lower down in my pelvic region. Yesterday it was uncomfortable to walk and by today it was quite difficult to walk, so I got worried and decided to go in. Well, the scan didn't show anything new. Just the stricture we already knew about. Which is good. I mean, I'm glad I don't have an abscess. What what the heck is causing this? It's a pinchy, itchy, achy feeling deep inside and it hurts to move my legs. Has anyone else experienced this with a stricture?

I went for a surgery consult and I have resection surgery scheduled for Friday. The surgeon is speculating that my intestine may be fusing to my abdominal wall and that's what's causing this pain.

O wow that's sounds painful. I'm sorry I haven't suffered with anything similar. I hope your healing well after your operation. Is there any news since your operation about what could be causing this.
Sending my love and strength in your recovery.x

Yes, I had a very similar episode when the pain went down my leg and I was having problems walking. I was told that it was adhesions. Good luck with the resection. Let us know how it goes :ghug:

I had my surgery last Friday but don't know the details because my surgeon went on vacation the next day. The doctor covering for him said he did a resection and two stricturplasties but she didn't know about any adhesions. I guess I will have to wait until my follow up appointment on the 18th. I went home today after four days and I'm feeling good.