• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pentasa and Muscle Cramps

I have been taking Pentasa for the past 9 months no problem what so ever.

I have been good and bad with my Crohns and of late I have been in total remission and feeling great.

However over the past day or two I have had really bad cramp type pains in my left calf muscle.
The muscle is really tender just like after when you do get cramp al night or something but I have not had cramp.

I just wondered if it could be something to do with the meds or just one of those things??
:hallo3:

nOOb Funny things but I'm also newly 9 months or so...on Pentasa (pentacol in my case) and been getting lots of leg cramps too. The leaflet does not mention these as a side effect of Pentasa. Maybe we should let the pharm company know.

Just an update.

I went to my GP and he told me this has nothing to do with the Pentasa. It is far too isolated to be connected to a reaction of the meds.

He seemed to think it was a tear/pull of the muscle..just wish I could rememeber how/when I done that!!!!:voodoo:

Bloody painful as well:lol:

Astra

I'm on Pentasa and sometimes have cramp, but it's not the meds, it's dehydration, low sodium, low potassium.
So drink tons of water, eat some bananas and up your electrolytes with Dioralyte from the chemist.
good luck
xxx