• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pentasa/Asacol or generic.

I am about out of Pentasa, I had no choice but to cancel my insurance, the rates were just getting to high. Is there a place i can go maybe online to get more at a better rate? I have a script, I just cant afford the $300 a refill at the pharmacy.

I have taken Pentasa and Asacol in the past, both work just fine with me. any help would be great, thank you

it was just getting way to expensive, it was either miss some bills and have insurance or pay bills and not have it, i just had my surgery 8 months ago so i have been doing well, but i wanna stay on my meds so i dont have any problems, my DR will call in any refills i need so i do not need to see him for a while, i can re-enroll next year, i just wanna try and go a year with out it or try a third party insurance company

if i could find a prescription company only, that would be great. i am not familiar with any of those though

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I have to say the US stinks for policies in health illness'. My husband's company has benefits, he still has to pay a premium but I do know some of the charges in the states...almost my mortgage payment a month... that is just crazy.

Are you in school now or working?

I was given some samples of Asacol from my GI. Maybe they could try to get some for you. Probably wouldn't be a long lasting fix, but may help a bit.