• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pentasa Blues

Hello Friends,
In 'My Story', I told of my 8 surgeries, two seperate courses of Remicade, and now-Neoplastic Tubular Adenoma's (pre-cancerous colon tumors). As a 19 year veteran of Crohn's disease, I've been on Pentasa for one week. I have been doing kind of OK, but today I am vomiting and have absolutely no energy. Is this a Pentasa thing? I'm taking 16 pills a day. (250 mg each). Does Pentasa lower blood pressure? My plood pressure is low all of the time anyway ( 80/60). Now I feel like I don't have any blood pressure. Any ideas, experiences, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
im on pentasa ( 9 500mg pills a day) ive never had them make me feel sick or throw up and ive been on them for over a year, and im not sure about the blood pressure thing mine has always been fine. sorry i guess this doesnt really help much, but maybe you should talk to your dr. he will be able to tell you more then i can lol! well good luck and i hope you feel better!!!

I know the vomiting is a side effect for Pentasa but I'm not sure about the blood pressure. I know I felt lethargic on the Pentasa when I was on a 4g dose (8 500mg pills). I never vomited or had issues with my blood pressure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Like SpoonNinja said, talk to your doc ASAP. I find it always puts my mind at ease a little.

I remember having to take all those pills... I do not envy you, what a nightmare that was. I also remember because I took all of the pills at once they made me sick and vomiting it all up...

If I remember correctly at one point I was taking upto 17 pills a day... God that sucked... Now I hate it when I have to take just one pill a day and I usually forget.

My sympothies....

Last edited:

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
hey coronetrt what do you take now if you dun have to take pills, do you do like remicade or something like that? just curious, im looking for something like that but i dun think my symptoms are severe enugh for it.