• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pentasa, Salofalk enema and Cortiment

Hello.

Im using Pentasa sachet 4g daily, salofalk 2 g rectal foam daily and one dosage of Cortiment daily.

My doctor is not sure if I got Crohns disease og Ulcerative colitis after the colonoscopy. I have blood in my stool and got a lot of diarrhea (same diarrhea you get on Picoprep).

Does someone got any advice I can do to get in remission or reduce the blood? What should I use when i am on vacation in Turkey? Probiotics? What do you think about my medicines?

Not sure about the other drugs but Pentasa only hits the surface of the problem. Your doctor might want to get you on a stronger medication. Probiotics are supposed to balance the good bacteria with the bad.

Not sure about the other drugs but Pentasa only hits the surface of the problem. Your doctor might want to get you on a stronger medication. Probiotics are supposed to balance the good bacteria with the bad.
How strong? I know that Cortiment is a type of cortisone like Entocort or Prednisolon. Salofalk is also mesalazine, but I'm using it rectal foam.

He will probably wait until a diagnosis but if it is crohn's disease or colitis he might want to put you on a biologic. I am not sure. I hope you get answers soon