• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pernicious/Iron Anemia/Bleeding Ulcers/Crohn's/Diet

It all started in August 2013 blood work came back, and I had Pernicious Anemia 1000 mcg B-12 shots weekly for eight weeks and monthly since then, and also Iron issues took Iron for six months and eating liver and onions once a week until it resolved with endoscopy and colonoscopy had bleeder in esophagus and stomach with a lot of baby ulcers throughout my intestinal tract 40 mg Pantoprozole resolved the issue.

July 2015 admitted in hospital with an small bowel obstruction with an infection Pipercillin/Vancomycin back to back 24 hours for three days in hospital for total seven days, and my GI Doctor told me if I would've waited one day later he would've had a struggle on his hands trying to pull me through it. June 2016 admitted in hospital with an small bowel obstruction with no infection, and my GI Doctor scheduled me for an small bowel fluoroscopy and results came back and he told me I needed surgery scheduled me with an Surgeon. July 18, 2016 had robotic assisted small bowel resection approximately six-eight inches of small bowel and colon taken out pathology came back I have Crohn's dx 08.02.16. I can't believe the 180 turn I have to take with my Texas diet (veggies cooked to almost mush, small amounts of beans. natures own white wheat bread trying to get some form of fiber, instead of 100% whole grain wheat bread, no kind of berries, nuts with the exception of peanut and almond butter very little to none beef more chicken and pork. I'm gonna to do what the Doctors tell me in hopes of not too many surgeries just trying to give it to the Lord that everything will be alright. I am sorry for being long winded here just trying to find out everything I need to know.