• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

PH level

Spooky1

Hi,

I am wondering if any of you know what my dietician meant when she said my ph level (stomach acid measure from PEG) was only 0.5. She told me to mention it to my gastro bloke, which i did, and he said it makes no sense to him whatsoever and he didn't know what she was on about.

Do any of you know you ph levels? I have liquid feed pumped in at 50mls per hour.

rygon

not sure what PEG is but your stomach acid is hydrochloric acid. Looking at google the pH should be 1.5 to 3.5.

Apart from that I have no idea. sorry

Spooky1

Hi there,

Rygon, a PEG is a tube through the abdomen which my dietician changes every three months. this feeds the liquid food through to the stomach. She always checks the ph level, which she had commented was very low and to mention it to gastroenterologist.
I did this and feel he probably should understand what a normal ph level should be, mind he's the most complacent GI in the world i'm sure.

Gianni, I do have sickness, acid reflux and major D!

thanks for the responses.

Spooky1

I have gaviscon, but omeprazole and esomeprazole haven't worked for ulcers etc in stomach and duodenum, so my GI said don't bother with them as they are for average stomach ulcers and not that good if the issue is more of a crohns nature.