• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Phased out azathioprine 3 months ago - amylase/lipase question

I phased out azathioprine after a 3 years stint on it in March. I had been on aza from 2003 to 2008 and phased it out in 2008, but had to go back on it in late 2010.

I continued my 4weekly blood tests to check for any signs of problems following the phase out. The good thing is that CRP, MCV, MCH, MCHC etc. are all in the normal range showing no inflamation and I got rather healthy hemoglobin levels of 16.2 (I had issues with iron deficiency and anaemia for years until 2012).

In any event, my amylase and lipase level have spiked in my last Mai blood test (normal before) to 132 U/l (was 37 in March) for amylase and 171 U/l for lipase (was 55 in March). Has anyone had spikes in amylase and lipase ("fake" pancreatitis) as a result of phasing out aza?