• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Phone call week before proctectomy normal?

Hi just came bk from my nana's funeral and just realised a message on answer machine. Tried ringing them but no luck yet they finish at 5 and rung at 5.10pm. Is this normal a week before surgery? Is too cancel it? I'll ring bk tomoz

I would imagine they are calling to get updates on your meds and other vital information rather than cancel. In the US, it is normal for the hospital and/or anesthesiologist to call 2-7 days before surgery to ask a ton of questions in preparation for upcoming surgery. Try not to fret, though easier said than done, I know!

Thanks hope your right but I wrote all my meds down in the sheet thing for my pre op it was the secretary of Mr Wakefield(surgeon) who left message. Thanks I'll try not too had a really awful day as well

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
I bet 2thFairy is correct. Don't worry about it, bet it is nothing but what I call the preop interrogation. When is your surgery again?

PsychoJane

They called me the week before to ask me to come and do the ERV and SARM and pregnancy test if I recall right and also to give me general information for the person that was gonna take care of me afterwards and such. I suppose it could be something similar.

Hi Rachel, I was just going to ask how you are? Only a week to go. I hope they don't postpone, it is horrible, it happened 3 times to me. They may bring it forward? Let us know xxx

I hate it but knowing that they need it more than me makes it slightly better coz it was me last time. I'm upset but its not that far away just want it over and done with now.

My first date was 22 dec, I finally had the op 26 April, a year ago tomorrow. I was glad I waited and that the surgeon was giving me the time he needed. Keep busy hun xxx