• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pillcam the way to go?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
With all the problems I've been having lately, like being seemingly partially-diagnosed, then maybe it could be this or that, and now not being able to absorb any fat and being so sick because of it (without taking stupid stupid stupid Creon with every single thing I eat - if I forget to bring it with me? Oh yeah - I can't eat!!!!!!!!!! :ymad:) and not knowing why ("could be Crohn's or a problem with your pancreas..."), I'm beyond frustrated.

So I wanted to ask - do you think a pillcam's the way to go? Does it go through the miles and miles of intestines and everything?

I've had so many tests (multiple colonoscopies, endoscopies, cat scans, upper GIs, small bowel barium swallows... I know I'm forgetting some), so I wanted to know if maybe the pillcam might be the thing to do next.

Any advice? Insight? Suggestions?

I have a GI appt this afternoon.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Thank you, hun!
I know Jerman had it the other day. He hasn't posted his results yet. I PMd him today just to see how he's feeling. Hopefully he'll get some answers!
My GI is awesome. He always has told me that he wants me to be involved in my treatment and health, so I figure it won't hurt to ask, right?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Yeah, I'm lucky. He gives his email address out to his patients and is on Facebook LOL

Whenever I need anything or just have a question, I can either email or call him. If I need to be seen (like REALLY need) and there aren't any appointments, he's squeezed me in. He's just an awesome doctor. He's also my primary.

He's doctor #5 - the only one who's bothered to try to find anything out so far.

Hi Ladies,

I had the pill cam last thursday and just got the results. I did not have anything show up on the cam at all out of the ordinary. I would still recommend it as a means to continue towards diagnosis. You have to have a monitor with a batter pack attached for 8 hours. My wife went with me (as always) and we went to see a movie and walked around boston a bit. You go back to the hospital after the 8 hours are up and have the leads pulled off, give back the monitor and then u call in a few days for the result. by the way it just passes through your system and out, doesnt hurt. Good luck.

Jerman