• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pins and Needles and Joint Pain after 7th and 8th Influsions

Hi All

First off, just like to say I haven't been here for a while so to update you all I have been taking Remicade and it literally gave me my life back. I started the drug around September last year and it literally worked straight away. I had been suffering with bad bleeding, lost a lot of weight, and after trying several rounds of steroids, they tried remicade. the bleeding stopped almost straight away.

I still feel great but on my 7th infusion, that night and the next day and I had very bad pains in my legs, I could not rest with it, no matter what way I threw them, it went on for a day or two.

Yesterday I had my 8th infusion, and this morning I woke up with pins and needles on my left leg, more so on the sole of my foot and on and off joint pain. It has been there all day.

I am worried that maybe I am starting to have a reaction to the drug? Can we develop reactions after a few influsions? Anyone else have an experience like this?

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, Glad to hear you are doing well on Infliximab infusions. I am too.You need to tell your Consultant of the possible side effects you are having, and have that investigated! I unexpectedly developed weakness and pain, like someone hit me with a bat, on the back of my legs! I was off my treatment for months while blood tests were looked at. It was found to bes separate new problem, unrelated to Crohns. I am now on steroids too. So, you can develop side effects which need to be looked at. Hopefully, you continue to respond well to Infliximab. I would rather not be attending hospital at all, but if it keeps us well,so be it. Let me know how you get on. Best wishes
.:panda-wave-t::rosette1::rosette1::rosette1: