• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please Help!!!!7 Year Old with Ulcerative Colitis NEED ADVICE

My 7 year old daughter has been fighting Ulcerative Colitis since she was 3. We have tired sulfasalazine, Canasa suppository, Prednisone, , VSL”#3, Delzicol, Flagyl, Xifaxan, and currently on Methotrexate shots. We are now facing Remicade or surgery. Neither are options that any mother wants to face. I'm looking for anyone out there with other alternatives that may work such as herbs or anything at this point. Please help!!!!

Hi MolliesMom

I am really sorry to hear that your little girl has been through so much.

There are a lot of people on here who have lots of knowledge of UC. It is a fantastic forum and we have a great subforum for Parents of Kids with IBD. Please check out this forum and post in there. I am sure there will be lots of people who will pop by soon with help and support.

Good luck and (((HUGS))) xxx

I am really sorry to hear about your struggles. As a mother I am sure it is so hard to watch your daughter go through these struggles and not know what to do. I have had Crohn's for 7 years and my family struggled with the same thing you are going through. I just want to let you know things will get better and this community will always be hear to answer questions and offer support.

At the moment I am and 18 year old teenage girl who has been in remission for 6 months. I hit rock bottom before I went on this diet I am now and it gives me purservation to never go there again. Senior year of high school I had gotten really bad stomach pains because I was taking Aleve for bad headaches I was getting. I don't know why I didn't listen to the precaution on the bottle because people with stomach problems shouldn't take it!
I had to do cyber school my senior year of high school and I really missed out. However it did give me time to study how my future life would be if I continued like this. My mother discovered this book written by this women who had struggled through the same thing and had written a book on how she managed through it naturally.

Before we had tried books like this but with no avail. The problem was I wasn't motivated enough to follow it. I was young and really didn't care what my future was like since I was just on medication after medication.

I have to say this book has made an amazing difference in my life from the way I feel and go about my diet and self image. I am so confident now that I have a long lasting way to achieve health and a way to come back from a flare if needed.

Currently I am only on Pentasa and I just had a doctors visit where my doctor said I could get off of Imuran. I really couldn't feel better and I wish more people where motivated to do this. If you want any more info please ask!

Here is the link to the woman's site and how you can get her book:http://listentoyourgut.com/