• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please Help - Regarding Abscess

Hi everyone, I had abscess surgery 6 months back. (Not exactly surgery, but he drained the abscess in 5 min and covered it with cotton). I am fine till now, but the problem is, drained part is not closed till now and I saw some blood drops yesterday after my stool from that area(abscess drained area). I am worried about that. Does it really heal ? or it would b the same ? Please help me regarding this. Thank you very much

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi Chand,

I do not have much experience iwth Abscesses myself, but I think the safest option would be to let your doctor know what is happening and ask for their advice. They likely have more experience with the issue and can let you know if what you are experiencing is common or not.

You may have a fistula - a chanel to your rectum. I had one developed after abcess. Please see your GI doc ASAP and make sure to explore non surgical treatments first - Remicade, Flagyl, Cypro.