• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please help!! Something is going on...not sure what to do :(

I haven't been here in so long! I thought I had control over things.

I haven't been feeling good for some time (almost since I had my third child 19 mo ago). I lost weight rapidly after, from a pregnancy weight of 185 to a current 160. Severe fatigue which I attributed to getting up several times a night - she only began sleeping through 2 months ago. Found out I have iron def anemia. Began supplements and my hemoglobin dropped 5 in 4 weeks. Been in and out of Dr trying to figure out what's wrong. Last couple weeks lots of cramps pain /discomfort. Yesterday I had the best day in a long time -attributed it to a new iron. At dinner time I started cramping severely. Had a regular BM (which was black from iron), followed 2 hours later by watery D. Cramps come and go in waves, quite nauseous, very bloated (though I haven't at or drank in 12+ hours) (to the point it's a bit harder to breathe), had chills, went to bed at 11 with continued cramping, woke at now at 4 with quite severe cramping and heartburn.

Should add U/S showed an enlarged spleen. Plus I have a number of other symptoms over the past months...too many to list them all

I'm just trying to make it to 9 am to see my GI. What should I do?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
If the pain becomes too much to handle and/or if you start vomiting then you need to get to the hospital because you may be dealing with a blockage. If you're like this or worse when you see your GI then they'll likely say that you need to go to the hospital anyway so don't worry about how soon your appointment is.

I hope you start feeling better soon, keep us posted. :ghug:

Edit: An enlarged spleen could have similar symptoms. Mayo Clinic suggests that if the pain is severe then you need to see a doctor right away. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/enlarged-spleen-causes-symptoms-and-treatments

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
If the pain becomes too much to handle and/or if you start vomiting then you need to get to the hospital because you may be dealing with a blockage. If you're like this or worse when you see your GI then they'll likely say that you need to go to the hospital anyway so don't worry about how soon your appointment is.

I hope you start feeling better soon, keep us posted. :ghug:

Edit: An enlarged spleen could have similar symptoms. Mayo Clinic suggests that if the pain is severe then you need to see a doctor right away. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/enlarged-spleen-causes-symptoms-and-treatments
I agree with Jen. If it gets to be too much, I'd head in beforehand. Better safe then sorry. Sending hugs your way. :hug:

hopefully you got some answers from the doc yesterday and are feeling better today - is the black stool from iron? Because it could be from bleeding farther up in your intestinal tract. The enlarged spleen could be from a few things, be sure they check that out too. It can be dangerous because the spleen can rupture easily when it is enlarged. I hope you are on the road to recovery!