• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Poll: How long have you been on Remicade?

I just read a post by someone who has been on it for 10 years! My daughter has only had 4 infusions. I'm interested to hear from folks who have been on it for a long time and what that's been like.

If you eventually stopped taking it, I'm curious to know why and how that's gone?

My son is going on 2 1/2 years and been in remission the whole time. We're adding mtx this week to hopefully keep this going awhile longer. Ten years would be wonderful!!

Wow. I'm at a bit over 2 years. Infusion #28 coming up. No remission but I'm happy to hear people have been on it so long successfully.

I was on Remicade for 6 years, had a baby and switched to cimzia because my infusion site was 70 miles away and with a baby that was pretty tough to do. Cimzia didn't work for me so now I'm going back to Remicade and they're letting me do my infusion at the hospital in my home town. I was in remission nearly the entire time I was on remicade

3 years - in remission - gut is "pristine" according to my GI. However, I now have Remicade induced psoriasis so maybe going on Stelera. Too bad - Remicade has been a miracle drug for me.

Just since Oct 2015. After my first 3 infustions Doc said I was in remission but to keep on it. Also been on methotrexate since 2012, not sure if it helped with the quick remission or not.