• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pop up Dr bubble- Ask A Doctor Now

Everytime i come on this forum I get a stupid pop up bubble called 'Ask a doctor now. I tried to ignore it but it pops up and when I am typing in a thread if it pops up my text goes in the Ask a Doctor box.

Is there any way admin can stop this happening or people will stop coming on this site…or is it just me?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It was done by the owners of the site - Jennifer is in contact with them. If you read a couple of other threads, people have found ways to block it for now....

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
We have a petition going if you're intersted. The link to it is in my signature. I was in contact with Jennifer quite a bit about this yeserday.

Jennifer asked me to link this so anyone who asked could see it and sign....

I wish the officialness of this was clear.

My inner child is dying to tell Dr Amir that a certain part of my (male) anatomy has fallen off and what advise he / she has.

Sorry. I'm a Brit. We do things like that. Well I do anyway. :blush:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I understand, I want to tell them that my issue is them. But, it wouldn't help. Jennifer replied yesterday and wasn't happy with their reply.

Last edited:
Use adblock and manually block Dr Amir pop-up. That's the best way I found to deal with this.

But telling Dr.Amir he is the problem would be kinda more .. fun ?

At first this was entertaining. I advised the Dr. that my issue was a pop up ad that was taking over my screen. He was unable to help so I charged him $150 and told him that I do not accept credit cards. It is not fun anymore though and I can't type without the box coming up. I have a pop up blocker and it is not working. I'm afraid I will likely not use the site anymore either if it continues.

Very annoying...I enjoy comng to this site, but not with a random dr. interupting everytime I try to reaad something or reply to someone's post. UGH...going to have to block it.