• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Positive feedback from doctor :-)

Hello everyone :smile: I am writing after a long time. Yesterday i visited my doctor for a routine check up. While on this i must add that i am daily doing pranayama (breathing techniques) from the last two weeks. And i feel to be benefitting a lot i must say.

I told my doctor that i am feeling much better now with my panic attacks slowly but surely going away. I told my doctor that some of the problems that i am having right now is bloating, gas formation, wind passing etc. The doctor prescribed me some tablets. My thyroid has increased meanwhile. So the doctor gave me a tablet to improve on it as well. One positive thing which has happened to me is that i have stopped taking pro-biotics for last three months and i am feeling absolutely perfect.

Even though i pass stool 4 times a day, i dont feel the panic attacks or the fear while travelling. Earlier i used to pass stool 5 times a day and sometimes 6 times. And i used to be hell afraid travelling. The doctor also told me that she believes in pranayama and it can help wonders.

So i must say that my belief in pranayama is paying rich dividends. Also however impossible it may sound, i have this thinking and belief that one day i will be rid of Crohn's. Till then all the best for my friends' recovery here and all over :)

Hello Ashish,
Great story and very inspiring to know about your pranayama which helped you.
May I know what kind of pranayama you had to do for those 2 weeks, for how long and at what time of the day you had to do.

Thanks very much!